R113.81 – R505.58 Exl VAT
TRI–3 SILVER ALUMINIUM
Waterproofing / UV Protection
TRI-3 is a water-based Silver Aluminium, based on a modified pure acrylic. TRI-3 has been
specially formulated to completely seal and protect new fabric on fabric covered Aircraft from the
elements. TRI-3 has an elongation of over 200 percent allowing it to stretch with your aircraft
fabric with no cracking. It is recommended that top coats applied must also be flexible.
• Very flexible
• Excellent U.V. protection
• Adhesion promoted
• Light barrier
AREAS OF USE
• UV and Light blocking primer for fabric aircraft
• Feature Walls, Exterior trim, Gates, Balustrades and Tin Roofs
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION FOR NEW FABRIC
1. Clean all applied new fabric with methylated spirits and water mixed in a 1:1 ratio. Allow to
2. TRI-3 is supplied ready for use.
3. Apply 1 coat with a sponge brush to all hard surfaces and tapes. Allow 2 hours @ 25°C to dry.
4. Apply 1 coat to all fabric with a sponge brush, ensuring to force the Silver Aluminium into
the cloth. Make sure no ridges or excessively thick areas are left. Allow to dry.
5. Using a 400-grit water paper, lightly sand any imperfections from the surface (Caution:
do not sand through the Silver Aluminium coating to the fabric). Remove all sandingdust.
6. Apply a second coat to all fabric by spray application. (Spray: 2.5mm spray nozzle with no
dilution). Should dilution be necessary, then dilute with distilled water at no more than 5% of
total product. Allow 2 hours to dry between coats @ 25°C.
7. Apply by spray as many coats as necessary to completely cover and seal the fabric (no light
must be visible through the fabric once final coats have been applied).
8. Allow at least 48 hours @ 25°C to cure before over coating with top coats.
9. Top coats: Please contact Skyworx Aviation for recommended top coats.
CONDITIONS TO AVOID
• Do not paint below 8°C.
• Do not paint if humidity is 80% or more.
Apply by Sponge Brush
Clean all equipment with water after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children.