DampPrime (Plaster Below Damp Proof Course)
R126.93 – R460.76 Exl VAT
Waterproofing and Damp Proofing / Primer
Due to DampPrime’s excellent adhesion, rising damp is held back in the surface, (cannot
penetrate the primer). DampPrime’s formulation contains cement which, with the moisture in the
wall and other special ingredients, causes the product to harden to a water tight barrier.
Active ingredients to absorb moisture in the wall and create a barrier against rising damp.
AREAS OF USE
• To prime moist plaster below DPC
• To spot prime exposed damp plaster before repainting.
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
1. Remove old paint back to bare plaster.
2. Remove any loose, friable material from plaster.
3. Apply Paintcor Ushevu to algae affected areas, allow to dry, then dry brush. (This will
remove any algae, if present). See Ushevu Data sheets.
4. Apply the first coat of Paintcor’s DampPrime diluted with mineral turpentine by 10% to the raw
plaster, covering all affected areas. Allow 24 hours to dry.
5. Repair all cracks and blemishes with Paintcor Flash Patch Exterior crack filler. Smooth off
6. Now apply a second UNDILUTED coat of DampPrime to the surface. Allow 24 hours to dry.
7. The area can now be overcoated with any of Paintcor’s quality wall paints. Should
an enamel be required as a top coat, DampPrime must be primed with Paintcor
PlasterPrime or AcrylUnder Acrylic Undercoat first.
Apply by Brush or Mohair Roller
Clean all equipment with mineral turpentine immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children. Flammable product, keep away
from open flame.