Elegance Silk (Sheen Pure Acrylic Topcoat Low V.O.C 10 Year Guarantee)
R10.00 – R1,969.30 Exl VAT
Colours may appear different than the digital representation of the colour due to difference in screen manufactures and representation of RGB colour values.
Need a sample?
You can order a sample by clicking here
Elegance Silk is a high quality, enviro-friendly exterior wall coating, designed and formulated (to Grade 1 specifications) using quality raw materials to combat South-Africa’s extreme climatic conditions. It is also user-friendly (almost zero spatter, low odour and easy to apply). Elegance Silk has an elegant, silk finish.
1. Resistance to UV (Sun) passes 1 500-hour SABS Test
2. Excellent Flexibility
3. Stain resistant. Now will resist even hydrocarbon staining.
4. Mould resistance
5. Low Odour
6. Covers hairline cracks
7. Waterproofs vertical surfaces
8. Elegance washes easily (dust removed simply by rinsing with a hose pipe).
9. Almost zero roller spatter on application.
10. Available in any colour.
11. Elegance Silk can be used over Paintcor AquaMatt or AquaSeal waterproofing systems as a maintenance coat to extend guarantee periods and will allow for a wider choice of colours.
12. Adhesion promoted: It can be applied to a whole range of surfaces like:
• Old enamel – sand first
• Certain plastics – clean first (Garden Furniture)
AREAS OF USE
• Interior and Exterior Walls
• Flat Deck Roofs
• Kitchens and Bathrooms
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
1. Remove all loose friable material.
2. If the plaster is porous and/or under bound then apply 1 coat of Paintcor’s AcrySeal Acrylic Sealer diluted 1:1 with water. Allow to dry, then if necessary, apply 1 coat of Paintcor’s AcrylUnder and allow to dry.
3. If plaster is of good quality then apply 1 coat of Paintcor’s Plaster Prime. Allow to dry followed by 1 coat of AcrylUnder if necessary. Allow to dry. (please see note)
4. Finally apply at least 2 coats of Elegance Silk at a spread rate of no more than 10 meters square per litre per coat. Allow to dry between coats.
1. Check adhesion of existing paint. (Cross hatch adhesion test). Using a Stanley knife, cut through the paint surface to the substrate vertically and horizontally approximately 3mm apart, creating little squares. If the edges of the squares curl up, and the square can easily be removed, this means the adhesion of the old paint system is failing. If the paint system is failing, remove all old paint back to a sound surface.
2. Apply 1 coat of Paintcor’s AcrySeal Acrylic Sealer diluted 1:1 with water to all areas to be painted (if old paint system was failing) Allow to dry. Apply 1 coat of Paintcor’s AcrylUnder (if necessary). Allow to dry. (please see note)
3. If paint system is in good condition, wash down walls to remove dirt and dust. Allow to dry.
4. Finally apply at least two coats of Paintcor’s Elegance Silk at a spread rate of no more than 10 square meters per litre per coat. Allow to dry between coats.
Note: AcrylUnder is only necessary after priming or sealing plaster if plaster texture is a problem.
Paintcor’s SubTex or RippleTex can also be used to correct major plaster texture differences
before application of top coats.
Apply by Brush, Sheepskin/Synthetic Roller or Spray
Clean all equipment with water immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children.
Please note that colours will vary from print and screen to application.
For an accurate colour you can collect a sample at your nearest paintcor branch.
1L, 5L, 20L, 125ml
Aardvark, Amber, Amethyst, Autumn, Baby Olive, Bass, Beach View, Black, Bog, Brimstone, Bronze White, Bulrush, Calabash, Castle Rock, City Fog, Coast Guard, Cobble Stone, Corn, Da Vinci, Delight, Desert Storm, Elixir, Golden Tan, Hachienda, Hailstone, Harmony, Hellenic White, Hogs Hair, Hot Lava, Hush, Imbongolo, Ingwenya, Inspiration, Ivory, Ixia, Light Breeze, Litchi Sorbet, Mammoth, Marine, Masonry, Mellow, Mire, Mosselbaai, Mud Hut, Mushroom Beige, Ndlovu, Patience, Pink Diamond, Potato Skin, Quarter Turnstone, Quick Sand, Reed, River Sand, Rustica, Safari, Sahara, Sandstone, Sea Breeze, Serenade, Serengeti, Silo, Smog, Spa, St. Claire, Storm, Sunset, Symphony, Thaw, Titanium, Tuscany, Undefiled, Vahalla, Wedding Cake, White, Zarf