Flash Skim (Resin Bound Plaster Skimmer & Crack Filler)
R189.48 – R643.85 Exl VAT
Description and Application
FlashSkim is resin-bound plaster skimmer, designed for interior use. Proper application will
result in a smooth white finish, optimising the application of top coats.
• Dries to a smooth, white, durable finish with good adhesion.
• It can be sanded easily.
• No primer is required before painting.
• FlashSkim is an excellent alternative to gypsum plasters on well plastered walls.
• Supplied ready for use.
• Improves hiding power of applied subsequent coats.
AREAS OF USE
• Interior cement plaster
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION METHOD
Skimming, New Plaster
1. Ensure the plastered wall has been floated straight and has cured.
2. Seal the new plaster with Paintcor’s AcrySeal, diluted 1:1 with water. Allow 45 minutes @
25°C to dry.
3. Apply a liberal coat of Paintcor’s FlashSkim to the surface with the edge of a steel trowel,
allowing the product to fill in all imperfections.
4. Scrape any excess FlashSkim off your steel trowel onto a square trowel, then, using a firm and
consistent motion, skim the excess FlashSkim off the surface with the steel trowel, leaving a thin,
semi-transparent skim coat behind. Scrape off the excess FlashSkim from the steel trowel onto the
square trowel and repeat the process. This will result in a durable, smooth, white surface after
drying. Allow up to 45 minutes at 25°C to dry before over coating.
5. Sand any ridges or imperfections to a smooth finish. Remove sanding dust.
6. Paintcor’s FlashSkim requires no priming before painting. Apply two top coats of your choice.
dry between coats.
NOTE: FlashSkim CAN NOT be used on Exterior applications, please see FlashPatch Exterior DA should
you wish to skim an exterior surface.
Clean all equipment with water immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children.