Floorcoat (Gloss Alkyd Polyurethane Standard Colours Only)
R114.81 – R527.21 Exl VAT
FloorCoat Alkyd Polyurethane Floor Paint has been formulated for domestic and light industrial
concrete floors. It dries to a tough durable finish with excellent adhesion. Paintcor’s FloorCoat
is not recommended for exterior use. It is supplied in a range of standard colours and has a medium
• Tough, durable, thin film floor paint system.
• Designed to be resistant to most household chemicals.
• Single pack. (requires no catalyst)
• Excellent stain resistance and easy to clean.
AREAS OF USE
• Interior concrete floors
• Interior wooden floors
• Interior porous tile floors
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION METHOD
NEW OR UNPAINTED FLOORS
1. Ensure floor is cured with a moisture level below 15%.
2. Clean floor and degrease if necessary.
3. Acid wash floor with undiluted hydrochloric acid (pool acid) and rinse well (immediately) with
fresh water. There must be no acid left on the floor. Allow to dry.
4. Apply the first coat of FloorCoat DILUTED with 10% mineral turpentine (100ml turpentine in 1L
tin FloorCoat or 500ml turpentine in 5L tin FloorCoat. Allow 6 hours to dry @ 25°C.
5. Apply a second coat of UNDILUTED FloorCoat. Allow to dry.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED FLOORS
NOTE: This product is not compatible with all floor coatings e.g. FloorCoat cannot be used over an
epoxy floor coating. If you are in any doubt as to Paintcor FloorCoat compatibility please contact
our Technical Support Team on (011) 794-4599.
1. Remove any loose or peeling paint. If unpainted concrete areas are exposed, treat as for new
2. Degrease floor if necessary. Rinse well and allow to dry.
3. Sand existing floor paint to a clean matt finish. Remove sanding dust. Ensure floor is dry.
4. Prime expose concrete with 1 coat of Paintcor’s FloorCoat DILUTED with 10% mineral turpentine. Allow 6 hours to dry @ 25°C.
5. Apply 2 coats UNDILUTED FloorCoat. Allow to dry between coats.
Brush, Mohair roller or spray.
Clean all equipment with mineral turpentine immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children. Flammable product, keep away from
Black, Claytile, Green, Grey, Hachienda, White