Plasterprime Trade (Solvent Base Trade Plaster Primer)
R33.60 – R779.95 Exl VAT
PlasterPrime Trade is a fine particle size, solvent base Styrene Acrylic with excellent alkali resistance, water-resistance, and adhesion. It is white in color and has been formulated as a primer for Gypsum plaster (RhinoLite) or cement plaster. It can be applied to new plaster after Paintcor’s damp proofing has been carried out, or on all new good quality plaster, especially in coastal weather conditions.
• It is alkali resistant.
• It is water-resistant.
• It has excellent adhesion.
• It does not require any subsequent undercoats when used on smooth, even-textured plaster.
• Ensures excellent adhesion of final coats. AREAS OF USE
• New cement plaster.
• New gypsum plaster.
• After the application of Paintcors KlinkaSeal on high-quality plaster to stop rising damp.
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
NEW GYPSUM PLASTER (RHINO-LITE)
1. Ensure that the gypsum plaster is dry and of good quality, i.e. that the surface is hard and free of chalk.
2. NOTE: If chalky powder remains after wiping, Paintcor’s RhinoSeal must be applied in place of PlasterPrime Trade. Refer to RhinoSeal DA.
3. Wipe the good quality gypsum plaster down to remove all dirt and dust.
4. Apply one coat of Paintcor’s PlasterPrime Trade to all gypsum surfaces to be painted. Allow drying for 1 hour at 25 degrees.
5. Apply two topcoats of your choice. Allow sufficient time to dry in between coats.
NEW CEMENT PLASTER
1. Ensure that the plaster is dry and of good quality. Poor quality plaster (plaster that continues to release loose particles when brushed) must be sealed using Paintcor’s Acryseal and not PlasterPrime Trade. Refer to Acryseal DA
2. Apply one coat of PlasterPrime Trade to the new plaster to be painted.
3. Allow drying for 1 hour at 25 degrees.
4. Should the primed surface highlight undesirable texture differences on the new plaster, then apply one coat of Paintcor’s Acrylunder or Subtex undercoat to improve texture variances. Allow drying.
5. Apply two coats of the top-coat of your choice. Allow drying between coats.
PlasterPrime Trade cannot be used over poor quality or overly friable plaster or gypsum plaster. In such instances please consult Paintcor Technical for instruction on RhinoSeal for gypsum plaster or Acryseal for masonry plaster.
Apply by Brush, Mohair/Sheepskin Roller or Spray
Clean all equipment with mineral turpentine immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children. Flammable product, keep away from open flame.
1L, 5L, 20L