Pristina (Matt Pure Acrylic Topcoat Low V.O.C 5 Year Guarantee)
R10.00 – R1,539.40 Exl VAT
Colours may appear different than the digital representation of the colour due to difference in screen manufactures and representation of RGB colour values.
Need a sample?
You can order a sample by clicking here
Wall Coating / Paint techniques / Wood paint
Pristina Acrylic PVA is a quality emulsion paint suitable for interior and exterior use. Pristina has been formulated to the highest PVA specifications, is based on a pure acrylic and has a smooth matt finish.
• Creates an efficient breathable finish for substrates such as off-shutter concrete, asbestos, cement, fresh plaster and ceilings.
• It is non-yellowing, odourless, non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
• It is an excellent base-coat for paint techniques and is best used with Art-FX Scumble Glaze and Glaze Coat.
• It has very good hiding power.
• It is available in white and all colours.
• Good exterior durability.
AREAS OF USE
• Interior and Exterior walls
• Paint techniques
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
1. Remove all loose and friable materials.
2. If plaster is poor and under bound, apply one coat of Paintcor’s AcrySeal acrylic sealer, diluted 1:1 with water. Allow to dry. Apply 1 coat of Paintcor’s Acrylunder (only necessary for smoother finishes). Allow to dry followed by 2 coats of Pristina allowing 45 minutes @ 25 degrees C to dry between coats
3. If the plaster is of good quality, apply one coat of Paintcor’s PlasterPrime. Allow sufficient time to dry.
4. Apply two coats of Pristina. Allow 45 minutes @ 25 degrees C to dry between coats.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED PLASTER
Check the adhesion strength of the existing paint using the cross-hatch method.
1. Using a Stanley knife to cut through the paint surface. Do this vertically and horizontally to the
substrate, approximately 3mm apart, creating little squares.
2. If the edges of the squares curl up, and the square can easily be removed, this means the adhesion
of the old paint system is failing.
3. Remove all old paint back to existing plaster.
4. If surface is powdery or chalking, wash surface to remove all powder. Allow sufficient time to dry.
5. Apply one coat of Paintcor’s AcrySeal acrylic sealer diluted 1:1 with water to all exposed plaster and washed chalking surfaces. Allow sufficient time to dry.
6. Spot prime the sealed exposed plaster with one coat of Paintcor’s Acrylunder to help prevent an
uneven finish. Allow to dry
7. Finally apply two coats of Pristina. Allow sufficient time to dry in between coats.
If adhesion is good:
1. Wash the walls down to remove all dirt, dust and chalk, allowing to dry. Should there still be slight chalk deposits on the wall then apply 1 coat of Paintcor’s AcrySeal Acrylic Sealer diluted 1:1 with water to the entire surface to be painted. Allow to dry.
2. Apply two coats of Pristina. Allow sufficient time to dry in between coats.
Apply by Brush, Sheepskin/Synthetic Roller or Spray
Clean all equipment with water immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children
Please note that colours will vary from print and screen to application.
For an accurate colour you can collect a sample at your nearest paintcor branch.
1L, 5L, 20L, 125ml
Aardvark, Amber, Amethyst, Autumn, Baby Olive, Bass, Beach View, Black, Bog, Brimstone, Bronze White, Bulrush, Calabash, Castle Rock, City Fog, Coast Guard, Cobble Stone, Corn, Da Vinci, Delight, Desert Storm, Elixir, Golden Tan, Hachienda, Hailstone, Harmony, Hellenic White, Hogs Hair, Hot Lava, Hush, Imbongolo, Ingwenya, Inspiration, Ivory, Ixia, Light Breeze, Litchi Sorbet, Mammoth, Marine, Masonry, Mellow, Mire, Mosselbaai, Mud Hut, Mushroom Beige, Ndlovu, Patience, Pink Diamond, Potato Skin, Quarter Turnstone, Quick Sand, Reed, River Sand, Rustica, Safari, Sahara, Sandstone, Sea Breeze, Serenade, Serengeti, Silo, Smog, Spa, St. Claire, Storm, Sunset, Symphony, Thaw, Titanium, Tuscany, Undefiled, Vahalla, Wedding Cake, White, Zarf