Rhino Seal (Gypsum Plaster & Hardwood Surfaces)
R60.21 – R591.89 Exl VAT
Primer / Sealer / Bonding Liquid
Rhino Seal is a fine particle size water borne acrylic bonding liquid, specifically designed to
penetrate deeply into hard wall surfaces. It is therefore ideally suited for priming gypsum plaster
finishes, old chalking paint, new precast concrete or any absorbent new surface before painting.
RhinoSeal has excellent alkali and efflorescence resistance and has been tested to penetrate ±
120μm into chalking material in one coat with complete binding of the loose friable material to the
underlying surface on drying.
• Fine Particle size
• Low odour
• Alkali resistant
• Fast drying
AREAS OF USE
• Gypsum Plaster, both good and poor quality
• Old Chalking Paint.
• New Precast Concrete
• As a bonding liquid
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
For chalking surfaces e.g. poor gypsum plaster, economic paint, White Wash etc.
1. Ensure surface is dry and free of dust, oil and grease.
2. Treat for algae if necessary, with Paintcor Ushevu Algae Killer. (See data sheet)
3. Apply 1 coat of Paintcor’s RhinoSeal to the chalking gypsum plaster or old chalking paint.
Allow to dry. (Approx. 3hours).
4. After drying, check that the RhinoSeal has penetrated and bound up the surface applied to. If
there is still chalk evident on the gypsum plaster or old chalking paint, a second coat of RhinoSeal must
5. Finally apply 2 top coats of your choice. Allow to dry between coats. (Conventional or
textured undercoats may be applied before top coats to correct substrate imperfections).
NOTE: It is very important to check that the surface treated with RhinoSeal is properly bound
before painting. Excessively thick layers of chalking material may not be completely penetrated by
RhinoSeal. Check for complete penetration of the substrate before painting. Painting on a poorly or
incorrectly primed surface will FAIL. RhinoSeal CAN NOT be diluted with water or solvent. If in
doubt please call our Technical Support Desk on (011) 794-4599 / (011) 794-2885 during office
Apply by Brush, Mohair/Sheepskin/Synthetic Roller or Spray
Clean all equipment with soap and water immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children.
1L, 5L, 20L