Ruscon (Protect Against Rust)
R90.49 – R998.98 Exl VAT
Ruscon is a water-borne, red rust converter.
Specially formulated to convert red rust on mild steel and galvanized iron into a tough resin
coated and converted surface, which can be over-coated without removing rust back to bright steel.
AREAS OF USE
Rusted mild steel or galvanized iron.
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
MILD STEEL AND GALVANISED IRON
1. By wire brush, remove only loose or flaking rust. It is important not to remove all rust.
2. Wipe the treated area down to remove all dirt and sanding dust.
3. Apply using a brush, roller or airless spray.
4. Apply one thin, even coat of Ruscon, ensuring that you cover all rust completely. Do not
apply over previously painted areas. Spot prime rust only.
5. Allow to dry for 4 hours @25°C when using a water-based primer such as Paintcor’s EnviroPrime
or 12 hours @25°C when overcoating with Paintcor’s AllPrime plus.
Apply by Brush
Clean all equipment with water immediately after use.
Keep stored in cool, dry conditions and away from children
1L, 5L, 20L